- We have an opening for 3 full-timeADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT- HOURLYpositions.
- Location: University of Chicago; 1155 East 60th Street, Bon Appetit Chicago, IL 60637.Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Shift may vary, open availability is preferred (more details upon interview).
- Requirement: Must have a high comfort level using computer systems, strong communication skills both written and verbal and previous experience.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Bon Apptit Management Company believes we can change the world through food. A pioneer in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, we cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients. Our teams at corporations, universities, and museums all across the US have the freedom to create menus tuned to their guests, mixing regional comfort foods and global cuisine. We are committed to nurturing our staffs talents, staying ahead of dining trends, and making a difference in the food system. Join us in our mission of food service for a sustainable future.
Full time associates at Bon Apptit are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Responsible for clerical functions and administrative support of food-service programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers telephones; maintains proper phone etiquette.
- Maintains confidential personnel files.
- Assists management staff in preparing confidential employment and labor relations documents, including proposed disciplinary notices and labor relations correspondence and proposals.
- Assists, as needed, in the procurement of substitute food-service workers for those employees who may be ill.
- Works effectively and maintains good working relationships with coworkers, school personnel, administrators, parents and supervisor.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date records of students eligible for free and reduced-priced lunches, if applicable.
- Enters weekly cash sales and meal counts using computer.
- Daily bank deposit reconciliation.
- Processes vendor invoices for payment using computer; ensuring additions are correct; checking item prices against bid specifications, ensures there are no pricing discrepancies.
- Reconciles monthly vendor statements.
- Prepares monthly state claim form for reimbursement.
- Assists in preparation of end-of-month financial reports.
- Attends inservice and/or safety meetings as required.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; performs job safely.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 87256622 chicago