Children's Creative Center | Chicago, IL
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Children's Creative Center Preschool & Daycare
2026 W. Belmont Ave.
Chicago, IL 60618
Children's Creative Center Preschool & Daycare is looking for qualified candidates to fill a position as a lead teacher in a fast paced, exciting and rewarding early childhood educational setting. We are looking for someone capable of enriching the lives of young children with knowledge, skills and values to be successful learners. In addition to the standard qualifications listed below, we are particularly interested in someone who is warm, nurturing, energetic and understanding of the social and emotional needs of young children.
If you're are interested in being part of our dedicated team, please reach out to us and reply with your resume.
Lead Teacher Qualifications
• Responsible for developing and implementing a program of activities that promotes the social, emotional and physical development of each child.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Responsible for full implementation of, policies and procedures, regulations and guidelines in the day-to-day operation of an early childhood development center including developmentally appropriate practices for a pre-school program.
• Participate in staff meetings, center activities, and staff development.
• Develop a positive relationship with each child and promote the development of self-esteem and self-discipline.
• Plan and implement the daily program of activities based on principles of child development and in accordance with the program's curriculum
• Establish a positive relationship with each child's family and share information about the child's day at the Center.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned
- 60 Semester hours including 6 in ECE
- 30 Semester hours including 6 in ECE plus 1560 clock hours of experience
- CDA or CCP credential
• Prior experience in working with young children.
• Must demonstrate knowledge of appropriate practices in early childhood development including communicating with parents.
• Must demonstrate success in working as a member of a team.
• Must be able to supply a yearly certificate of good health.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours in order to meet the needs of the program.
• Be able to lift 25-30 lbs.
• Be able to walk, squat/kneel, sit on floor, see, hear, speak with children to ensure children's health and safety
• Be able to keep up with active, young children.
• Updated Medical Health Report with evidence of MMR vaccination and TB testing
• Criminal Background Check
• Will need to obtain a Food Handler's Certificate
Job Type: Full-time
About Children's Creative Center
a safe and nurturing learning
center for young children.
Children’s Creative Center provides a learning environment to equip each child with the knowledge, skills and values to be a successful learner. We are committed to providing a highly comprehensive program that supports the optimal development of the whole child. Our belief is that children learn through play.
We strive to provide an inclusive environment that fulfills each child’s social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs that are developmentally appropriate. Our focus is on the family, because parents are the principal influence in a child’s development. Our goal is to have children, parents and teachers working together as a team. Our commitment is to the community. We bring families, teachers and community members together in the spirit of teaching our children the value of cooperation, respect and responsibility.