Posted: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 12:09 AM
Company Name:BL Downey Company LLC
Benefits Offered Life, Medical, Dental
Employment Type Full-Time
B.L. Downey Company LLC is one of the largest Custom Coating companies in North America. Located 15 miles west of downtown Chicago, B.L. Downey Company serves companies throughout the world including some of North America’s leading manufacturing companies like John Deere, CAT, Ford, and the US Military. We take pride in our extraordinary customer focused service, exceptional quality, and diverse coating capabilities/systems , all while being flexible and family oriented when it comes to our dedicated employees. As a Chemical Technician (ChemTech) you will have the opportunity to work directly with the Business Unit Leaders, Suppliers and Quality team to execute and coordinate the activities of maintaining the Pretreatment and E-coat operations at B.L. Downey Company LLC. The position includes extensive training in the operation, maintenance, and control of the pretreatment chemistry and parameters throughout the operation. The ChemTech position is an hourly position which requires flexible hours along with opportunities to earn overtime when the need arises.
While working with Business Unit Leader and senior ChemTechs you will be required to execute the following tasks on a daily, weekly and monthly basis:
· Change out heat exchangers, gaskets and plates
· Test samples and record results
· Pull samples from E-coat tanks
· Equipment E-coat Color changes
· Operate and maintain Waste Water Treatment System (After training)
· Perform tank maintenance and cleanliness
· Responsible for paint and chemical adds
· Follow all safety practices
· Maintain clean work areas
· Drive a forklift
· Able to lift 50 pounds
· Flexible to work overtime and Saturday when needed
· Create a conducive work environment for the team(s) to complete their assigned responsibilities / tasks
· Experience working with various chemicals, strong communication skills, responsible, dependable, and willingness to learn.
· Powder Coating, E-coating, Painting experience preferred
· Safety and Quality experience preferred
· Knowledge of 5S and Lean Manufacturing principles
· Microsoft Office knowledge (Word/Excel/Outlook)
· Strong organizational and administrative skills
· Ability to multi-task
· Successful candidate should be able to demonstrate leadership behaviors combined with outstanding interpersonal, teambuilding, and communication skills
Please send your resume directly to Scott Jordan:
As a B.L. Downey Company LLC family member your salary will be commensurate with your experience, including bonus opportunity based on overall company. Opportunity for advancement is available based upon individuals success in the position. B.L. Downey Company offers a highly competitive benefits package including health/dental/life insurance and vacation. Candidates for positions with B.L. Downey Company LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
B.L. Downey Company LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
• Location: Chicago, Village of Broadview, IL
• Post ID: 86690392 chicago